Marty covers a wide range of topics ranging from the mobile devices he carries and uses to manage his home thermostat, to how the mobile industry competes, to whether there is really a spectrum shortage in the United States in an interview with The Verge on February 20, 2012.
Notable quotes from the interview include:
- “I wouldn’t use a phone with less than a 4-inch screen anymore.”
- “I really don’t think [the LightSquared] problem exists. I think the FCC decision was more political than technical.”
- “There has never been a scarcity of spectrum, and I suggest there never will be.”
- “It all came together in April of 1973, and the purpose was the battle and we won the battle to the benefit of all consumers today.”
- “I think that wireless has the opportunity to solve a whole bunch of problems, including I believe world poverty.”
- “As soon as Google starts treating [Motorola] like their child and puts constraints on them, they’re going to have trouble competing.”